Monday, October 4

What's the point?

In life? What is it about? You fight, suffer, bleed, cry and love. At the end there is nothing but death. So, what's the point?

Most people are zombies, walking about minding their business, which is what ever it is...I think at the end it doesn't really make any difference. You can be an angry teenager, a soccer mom, a nice old lady down the block - we all have the same fate, end of the existance. Maybe if you did something big during your life like kill a lot of people, had a couple of nice big long wars or on the other hand maybe you came up with a medicine against some disease, then maybe you would be remembered a few centuries.

So what...sands of time stretch much further than minds and memories of men.

It is all an illusion...promise of something meaningful and important made by our collective fear of fading away to nothing.

I never got why people are so much asking if there is something after your body shuts down, and you life support drops to red. Why is it important?
If there is something, you'll find out soon enough.
If there is nothing, then you would not know any better since your consciousness would just melt into nothing and you would cease to exist.


FF: All my life

All my life I've been searching for something
Something never comes, never leads to nothing
Nothing satisfies but I'm getting close
Closer to the prize at the end of the rope
All night long I dream of the day
When it comes around, then it's taken away
Leaves me with the feeling that I feel the most
Feel it come to life when I see your ghost

And I'm done, done, on to the next one

Amen


Vector at Monday, October 04, 2004

Comments 0


0 Comments

Post a Comment