Tuesday, August 2

War of the Worlds

298° 20' NET

Saw the movie and it was great until the last 5 minutes which was a really cheap, quick end. It felt almost like they run out of money and just had to finish the movie as fast as possible.

I'm not sure if I like Tom Cruise.

One movie I saw recently and liked a lot was of course Batman Begins. Christian Bale seems to be a very versatile actor. Also the selection of characters he has played is pretty interesting.

I think I like Christian Bale.

Now I go and get meself a cold beer.
I know I like that.

Vector at Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Comments 1


1 Comments

03 August, 2005 19:57 Blogger Vector said...

Yes, it was a classic and in a way more of a movie than this new one. Though I have to say the special effects were nice, but those of course are not everything.

Also if you go to see it and think of it only as a story of a father who is going to get his kids in safety and when or if he does - that's it - end of story, then you won't be too much let down.
If you think you are going to see a huge fight against these aliens - well, then it would be a disappointment.

What comes to Batman - well, I have to say it really does honor the original idea of Bob Kane. It gives some background to the origin of Batman and almost the whole first half of the movie is about this. I thought it was brilliant.
Go see it if you have time.

Oh, the beer. Gladiator from Gulpener. It's pretty hefty stuff, 10% vol.alc. as they say. A few of those and you'll sleep like a baby :)

 

Post a Comment