Monday, November 1

Video vs Still

328° 25' NET

I have a problem. I'm going for a little trip in a few weeks and as most of the people would like to make nice pictures while on the trip. I was going to look around (and did) for digital camcorders, since I like to have those memorable moments on tape - or on DVD in this case - but I'm not sure if I want to buy one for 300 - 600 € with 800.000 pixel resolution. The tape would be ok, but any still pictures not.

(Un)fortunately I made a mistake and looked also for a new digital camera. And my eyes got hold of a Canon EOS 300D (or EOS Rebel for those who live in the US and around there). A nice piece of engineering, only with plastic covers, but at 745 € that is a bargain. So, here I am with a problem: should I get a camcorder or a new camera which is almost twice the price. I like the idea of being able to switch lenses and generally have a much wider use of the camera since it is a system, but I would also like to have that digital camcorder. I'm not going to get both of them, not at the same time at least.

I think I am for the camera anyway. It just seems that pictures are easier to present to others. For a tape or DVD you need to book a session, meaning you have to sit down and watch a recording of 1.5 hours or whatever. Pictures you can just flip through in minutes.

So, EOS it is! I love it when problems are solved :D


Vector at Monday, November 01, 2004

Comments 1


1 Comments

03 November, 2004 00:19 Anonymous Anonymous said...

Exactly what I thought too :)

Nikon is also a good gadget. It was the other option a year ago when getting the first digi camera, but went for Canon PowerShot A70. Totally satisfyied with it.
Now I want to step up to digital SLR cameras. Also here Nikon was a option (D70), but it is a bit too pricy at 1200 €, though it comes with two lenses then.

 

Post a Comment