Thursday, May 26

London Bridge is falling down

298° 05' NET

I'm going for a long weekend trip to London tomorrow. It's one of those Stargate SG-1 convention things and it's probably going to be the last one I go in a long time.

The weather around here is nice at the moment, sunny and warm, so I hope that's how it's going to be over there too. It's not a long hop, just 1 hour flying. In-Fly-Out.

I'm also interested to see what kind of a difference there is between North-American fanbase and UK fanbase. I think I didn't mention this before, but an awfully big part of North-American fanbase is kind of middle-aged, large butted females - kind of Desperate Housewives meet Dr. Phil's Weight Loss Challenge. I was a bit surprised by that. I thought there would be a lot more young desperate teenagers. Nothing wrong with it of course, at least it's a sturdy and certainly supporting fanbase.

In Vancouver Christopher Judge made a comparison between women and butterflies. You know, tender and delicate almost fragile beings of beauty. Leaving any fanbase out of that analogue, I think you can't use a word 'butterfly' for describing a woman. First of all, women and butter don't mix well. It all collects in their buttocs. So scrap the butter. What's left behind (no pun intended) then? A fly. That's not very flattering either. "Come here, my fly". Could get confusing if not insulting.
So, what to do? Well, if we stick to a short and precise description, lets pick another three letter word. Nobody can deny that women are beautiful and attractive and oh so tantalizing, right?


Therefore I suggest we call them...


BATs.


Have a nice weekend everyone.

Vector at Thursday, May 26, 2005

Comments 0


0 Comments

Post a Comment